Monday, August 8, 2011

Theraputic

Yesterday was a very rough day. My emotions were all over the place... I teach 1's & 2's at church and this was our last week with some of them as they've grown up and are able to move on to the next class. This on the heels of losing one as her parents moved out of state and another family moving this week...

The family moving happens to be one of the pastors at my church and I'm having a hard time even typing about them going. DO is... was.. my singles pastor and he and his wife MBO along with their kids have meant so much to me in my life in TN, in my walk with God... They came to the church a little over 6 years ago and about 3 months before I started going there; and have been there for me through so many of the ups and downs I've had since then. I am going to miss them so very much...

But I'm excited for them! DO will be going to a pastoral school to be able to do church planting through Sovereign Grace Church and it is going to be exciting to see how God uses them!

I'm just bad a goodbyes.

But in this time of transition, I'm also in this struggle in life... in my faith. It's personal and I haven't really talked to anyone (other than my mom) about it. So as this goes on, as I say goodbye, as I'm beyond emotional, I've had this song breathing through me... the words the peace of it. It's been theraputic for me, and I hope it blesses you.


Still, My Soul Be Still
Words and Music by Keith & Kristyn Getty & Stuart Townend

Still my soul be still
And do not fear
Though winds of change may rage tomorrow
God is at your side
No longer dread
The fires of unexpected sorrow

God You are my God
And I will trust in You and not be shaken
Lord of peace renew
A steadfast spirit within me
To rest in You alone

Still my soul be still
Do not be moved
By lesser lights and fleeting shadows
Hold onto His ways
With shield of faith
Against temptations flaming arrows

Still my soul be still
Do not forsake
The Truth you learned in the beginning
Wait upon the Lord
And hope will rise As stars appear when day is dimming

No comments: