Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pondering and Praying...

When it comes to certain (often times fitness) things, it's easy for me to say yes without really thinking it through. Like when a friend of mine and I decided we were going to walk the Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville... we went out maybe 3 times to walk and then stopped; walking the Greenway on a regular basis (for those of you not in TN, is a walking path kind of like the forest preserve paths), bike riding... I'm really good at quitting at fitness related things.

I tell you all of these things so that you know that while I'm serious about what I'm about to say... it may not happen. I just feel the need to let you all know since I'm trying to decide wether or not I can motivate myself enough to do it! (and, I truly can use the encouragement)

I'm thinking about doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day (walking of course!)... 3 days, 20 miles a day. I'm sure you understand when I say it's kind of intimidating to think about!!

I am currently waiting for information in the mail to wisely make a decision while praying about wether or not I can do it. I think I can do it. I just need a lot of training; it's 60miles in 3 days, after all. But since this is my year... since I am determined to get in shape and lose weight, why not set a goal for myself. And I have a coworker that said she'd walk it (and train) with me. I have several months to get ready. Two of the cities they are holding it in are Chicago (August 8-10) and Atlanta (October 24-26). I think we've pretty much decided on Atlanta for the one we're going to do.

If we do it...




2 comments:

Jennie said...

Oooooh - you can stay with us if you want to do the Chicago one! :D

Joy said...

=0) You know my parents live there too, right?? hehe... although you're closer and it's WAY better then a tent!! hahaha...

I still don't know. I don't like asking people for money and the goal is like $2200.00 a person!!! So I just don't know how to commit to so much money when I'm not a fundraising person... =0/