Monday, August 10, 2009

Product Review

The E-TBT total Body Trainer (aka the Evil Machine of Death)




Looks harmless, right?


Well, let me just remind you of a few thoughts: You can't judge a book by its cover. Looks can be deceiving. Things are not always as they appear. Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing. Are you getting my drift? I'm sure you are…


If you're a reader of my blog or know me personally, you know by now that I am a member at the MAC (Murfreesboro Athletic Club). I'm happy there and particularly enjoy the cardio theatre, a room with 4 tiered levels of cardio equipment and a movie screen that plays a movie for 24 hours at a time. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, my good friend R-Jo joined the MAC as well and we've been going together pretty much every day since (which has been absolutely fabulous!). Well, one day I just wasn't feeling the treadmill. I tend to get tired of walking nowhere. So I looked around at all of the cardio equipment and see this thing that looks kind of like an elliptical and I think to myself, "why not, I should at least try it out."


That was the best and worst decision I've made in a while. The best because, well, it's a really good workout… I can feel the difference in my body in a little more than a week. The worst because… well… I feel like I'm dying by the time I'm done. And when I don't feel like I'm dying?? I bump it to the next level so I'm dying all over again. It all has to do with the amount of resistance you set. There are three settings (beginner, intermediate, expert) and each has 20 levels. So far, I'm just about to bump up to beginner level 7 and I can't imagine the pain of expert level 20.


All this to say… I secretly love the Evil Machine of Death. Because, "that which does not kill you only makes you stronger", and that's what I'm going for.

1 comment:

R Jo said...

YOU POSTED THE EVIL MACHINE OF DEATH!!! thats awesome! I totally agree about feeling like your about to die before you get off of it! haha! :)