Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Taking breaks

I’ve taken quite a break on you, haven’t I blogging friends? I’ve really just left aside my laptop and relaxed and haven’t thought. I’ve lived life with friends and had some great conversations with friends that I don’t usually get to spend enough time with. I’ve enjoyed some much needed alone time and walked most of a 5k.

I started reading Radical which led me to unplug my TV in an effort to stop wasting time in my life. I always called it background noise, but really it sucks me in and music is just as good for noise. Radical is not an easy read. I’m only 2 chapters in, and I already put it down a few times. If you are feeling the tug of God wanting more from you (or even if you’re not) go ahead and pick it up. You’ll put it down a few times, but it’ll be worth it (says the girl who’s only read two chapters).

We’re 2/3rds of the way into the month and I’ve only chatted with you a handful on times and this is where I normally say that I’ll do better and that I’ll try to blog more often, but blog friends… I just don’t think I can say that right now. I will, however, try to show you some belated photos that I hadn’t posted before. You know… the ones I just got done editing from the 4th of July (and some from January and February). I know those aren’t very current. They don’t necessarily say what’s going on with me today, but we’ll just think of it as a trip down this year’s memory lane, how about that? And I’ll keep my Wordless Wednesday’s current… probably… =o)

Bear with me friends. I think my life is taking on a whole different direction I don’t really understand.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like something I could really grow from!! I will have to check out that book. :)

Blessings-
Amanda