Friday, April 22, 2011

National Poetry Month

My friend G recently blogged, mentioning that April is National Poetry Month. Last year, I did a month dedicated to it, this month it completely got away from me. So today, I'm giving you a poem written my a formerly very much disliked by me poet who is seemingly becoming my favorite, ee cummings. Enjoy: in time of daffodils:

in time of daffodils(who know
the goal of living is to grow)
forgetting why,remember how

in time of lilacs who proclaim
the aim of waking is to dream,
remember so(forgetting seem)

in time of roses(who amaze
our now and here with paradise)
forgetting if,remember yes

in time of all sweet things beyond
whatever mind may comprehend,
remember seek(forgetting find)

and in a mystery to be
(when time from time shall set us free)
forgetting me,remember me

3 comments:

Eric said...

How about it Joy? Is it age that makes his poetry seem more relevant? I too have hopped on the EE Cummings bandwagon and was happy to read this little slice of pleasure today. Thank you for posting. Hope all is well!

Eric said...

PS I am stuck on my husbands account-No this isn't a creepy stalker. :) It's just Kris from Chicago!

Joy said...

I was wondering who Eric was... =o) But I do wonder if its age? Or maybe we're just more able to stop and read what it's really about? Mr. Woltersdorf (I really don't even know if I spelled that right! HA!) used to try so hard freshman year to get us to understand ee cummings... I wonder if I didn't have the patience for him, or maybe punctuation was getting in the way where now I enjoy it.