Thursday, February 5, 2009

Confession

I have always wanted to run a marathon.

I don't really know why, but it's something I've thought about and talked about (to a few people) for years. Now, while I'm working out about 4 days a week or so, I'm still not in the best shape of my life. Also, because my knees still sometimes bother me (not as often as they used to!!!!!!) the thought of running isn't always a pleasant one.

But, I've always wanted to run a marathon.

I wonder, sometimes, if it has to do with scripture that talks about "running the race" and "running with perseverance" and all of the subsequent sermons using marathon-type analogy's I've heard over the course of my life... it's just a sneaking suspicion.

It's made me want to run a marathon.

Now there are people who can attest to the fact that I have talked about wanting to run a marathon, and others I've talked to about training for/running one together. You know, that other person to help keep you motivated. it never worked out.

So today when I was looking at the DNJ and saw an article about running, I read it and thought again to myself "Someday I'm going to do this. Someday" Which is why I confess it here and now on this blog of mine.

I WANT TO RUN A MARATHON

There it is. Wide out in the open for all to read. Now what? I could probably lecture you on all of the things I've ever read (again, this is not a new thing) about the best way to start running and how to work your way up to running one. How if you decide to start running you should wait to actually do a competition for about a year to get yourself really where you need to be. But what should I do?

I'll be honest with you, I don't know that I'm disciplined enough to start running and making myself train for a marathon. After years of talking about wanting to go to the gym more, I am finally doing it... but running?

*sigh*

I want to run a marathon...

...but I think I'm intimidated.

No comments: