Monday, July 20, 2009

Blog Hop: My Favorite Recipe

I got this recipe from Fitness Magazine a while back and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I'm a vegetarian, so it's my version of a 1 dish meal =o) (oh, and I tend to like using extra green beans, because they're my favorite!)


Red Potato and Green Bean Sauté
(Makes: 4 to 6 servings)

1 lb baby red potatoes, halved
1 lb fresh green beans, halved
1 ½ T Extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
3 T chopped fresh basil

  1. Instructions:
  2. 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes; cook about 15 minutes or until almost tender. Add beans; cook about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.

  3. 2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add potatoes, beans, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 2 minutes or until heated through, tossing to coat. Add basil and toss once more before serving.

Nutrition Facts per serving:


115 calories
3 g protein
18 g carbohydrate
4 g fat (0.5 g saturated)
3 g fiber


MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

matt0701 said...

That looks really good!

Ms. G said...

Yummy, I have a lot of main dish meals but very few side dishes. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Hopping.

Candice

Mommyto3andahusky said...

yum!