Friday, December 18, 2009

sickness and packing and other odds and ends


1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

 

Have you ever been thankful for being sick? I have! This past weekend I had a cold. Not a bad one, but still annoying. But in the midst of my whiny, poor-me mood it dawned on me.

 
"THANK YOU, GOD, FOR LETTING ME BE SICK!!"

You see, I'm heading home for Christmas, and for our family we're actually celebrating Christmas this Saturday due to family/in-law holiday scheduling… and if I hadn't gotten this cold last weekend I could have gotten it this weekend, and if I had gotten it this weekend, I wouldn't have been able to hold/hug/kiss my niece and nephews and that REALLY stinks because I have a brand new nephew that was born in October that I haven't met yet and I really want to hold him a lot!!!!
 *phew*
 I'm glad I got that out…


 ****************************************
I am an amazingly dedicated packer.
 It's true.
 Look at my list!














There is a column for toiletries, one for clothes, electronics stuff, and a to-do list for the week prior to my traveling that I update daily.

I wish I was this organized in my everyday life

(it can be a little exhausting)


 ****************************************


This is the first time I'm going home in the last five years (since I moved to TN) that I haven't overbooked my time home with tons of things to do. It's going to be great! I'll get to hang out at home with my parents and take it easy… I'm normally going from one outing to the next!

Now don't get me wrong, I love spending all kinds of time with my friends. I miss you guys!! I have a few friends who aren't able to make it to Chicagoland for Christmas this year so it's leaving some time free! I might even get to make cards with my mom and play some pool with my dad!

The other bonus to that? Getting to spend time with new-old friends.

 ****************************************


I'm doing a Bible Study with two other girls (we're using Living the Cross Centered Life – READ IT!) and last week we were talking a little bit about Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
It's such a common passage; I mean the Byrds wrote/sang a song about it! But as I read and reread all of chapter 3 this week I was struck by verses 14 & 15

I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him. That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away. (Ecclesiastes 3:14-15 [ESV])


What is, has been.
What will be, already happened.
Who am I to worry when it's already been taken care of?


 ****************************************


And lastly for today…

I am taking a week long blogging hiatus. I want so very much to be able to enjoy my Christmas with my family and friends and focus on them. I'll try to get up and do the video of the day through Christmas (although I make no video promises!), and I will still post a Wordless Wednesday next week, other than that, nothing new. I pray you have the true joy of the Christmas season inside you.

Luke 2:8-14

8And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: