Saturday, January 8, 2011

I know, I know...

It's 2011 and I'll I've posted so far is 1 Wordless Wednesday. What's wrong with me?? haha... Well, I won't bore you blogging friends, so I'll sum up. I traveled for Christmas, not getting home until close to the New Year, I was sick (for a couple of weeks) and I've been trying to pack up Christmas and restore some order to my house now that I'm better. Well, mostly better... I still find myself getting tired easily and I'm praying that wears off quickly.

So, all that to say, I haven't had the energy to blog much. And while it seems easy to get on a computer and type, after working during the day (and hopefully working out afterwards) all I want to do is hang out and watch a movie or read. *sigh* I'm ready to have energy again!

I had plans though, plans for a New Years blog filled with things I want to do this year and plans and goals, but then I read this blog by Donald Miller (one of my favorite authors) about it not necessarily being a good idea to share them, and I think the statements about why it isn't are good ones. So I've decided to keep them close and let you know that at any given time, you have an idea of my goals since last February when I wrote a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I'm progressing pretty well, and I'll try to do an update blog on its 365 day anniversary =o) But until then I promise to try to blog more (really!) and keep up better with Wordless Wednesdays and suggest to you that you check out my friend Rachel's new blog titled A Year In Music. I've been enjoying it very much since it started on 1/1/11!!

2 comments:

LifetimeRacer said...

I find that an interesting blog by Donald Miller and had to go check it out. The title of his blog said resolutions but then he talked about goals so its kind of contradictory.

I've heard from and read many sources that we should make goals for each year instead of resolutions because resolutions are always broken. A goal is not a goal until it is written down on paper and then shared with your support team.

Just my two cents.

Joy said...

as far as goal vs. resolutions, I think they are essentially one in the same. What are New Years resolutions if not goals for the year?

and as far as goals go, he does mention writing them down and I do see where you come from as far as sharing them with your suport group. Personaly, I don't find this blog to necessarily be my support group. Sure, several people in my support group read this and in fact ecnourage me to continue blogging, but I don't feel like I need to make a list for the world to see? I have, however, talked to those closest to be about goals for the future. The personal kind that I wouldn't put on a 101 in 1001 list...