Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday’s Thoughts

Hello, Blog Friends =o) I’ve been so blog silent since the start of the year, and there is no excuse for it (although like any human being, I want to make excuses! Ha!) Can you believe that its already the 20th of January!! It feels like the new year just started; matter of fact, I’m still writing 2010 a lot. I’m working on it though…

So… things that have happened this year…. hhmmmmm…

I spent New Year’s Eve alone this year for the first time since I moved to Tennessee in 2004. I still wasn’t feeling too great and knew deep down that what I really wanted to do was rest and not be social. So, I pulled out a few of the movies I own (meaning a stack of them so I’d have options) and watched a couple while laying on the sofa bed that I pulled out just for the occasion! And around 11:20 I promptly fell asleep. I woke up around 1 to a phone call from a friend for the traditional New Year’s “Happy Birthday!”, put on another movie and fell asleep all over again. It was fantastic.

That next week started my official first week in my new job at the financial institution I still work for. L-O-V-I-N-G it! I get to work my favorite hours with an awesome team and I’m looking forward to all the new stuffs I’ll get to learn because of it (it’s already starting and sometimes I feel o-so-lost, but I know it will get better!) =o)

Then some stuff happened, and some other stuff… and then I had some meetings and webinars for work and then I… OH!!!

Then I went to the Symphony! I really enjoy the Nashville Symphony a lot and am on one of their ‘friends of the symphony’ e-mail lists and for Thanksgiving they sent (as a thank you) an e-mail code for $20 tickets! Orchestra Right, to be exact. The Schermerhorn center is beautiful and I think they have the best acoustics of any auditorium that I can remember going to. You can go here to see my photo of the day from that day.

Then… we had a Tennessee Blizzard! I got about 3 whole inches of snow with some of my friends getting around 6.5 to 7 inches. I know that it’s not really a lot of snow to my northern blog friends, but for Tennessee? Several schools closed for the entire week! But it was beautiful, and I got to go out and take some fun photos in my backyard (because work closed early). It looks like we’re going to be getting more today still a Tennessee Blizzard, but they’re only predicting 1-3 inches… Still, I have my ‘salt’ ready for my hilly driveway.

THE BEARS ARE 1 GAME AWAY FROM THE SUPERBOWL!!!!! Am I excited? Haha… What can I say, I’m a fan. Have been, probably since birth. =oD but I really enjoy watching them play and even more so when they’re winning and they’re doing so very well! Since I don’t have any photos to attach today, I’m going to leave you with a Supergreat, Superfunny, Superneat video… enjoy!

No comments: