Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Martha #2

I made homemade laundry detergent this weekend! After roaming around Pinterest (which I'm digging!) for a while one day, I saw a link to homemade laundry detergent on Yellow Brick Home; a blog I hadn't heard of before, but now enjoy and they're from Chicago and that makes them even cooler! **deepbreath**

So, I read the blog and then a whole bunch of the comments and then thought about it for a while and decided to go for it! In the long run it's cheaper than buying *insert name of commercial laundry detergent I used to use here* and everything I read said it worked really well. I figure I can always go back to non-said detergent if I had to and instead of searching for the Fels Naptha soap somewhere here in the south, I went with user comments and grated up some Ivory instead!

Non-skin-irritating, non-scented, clean. I'll be trying it out with my next load of laundry since I finished using my other laundry detergent with my last load of laundry last night... I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: