Friday, December 28, 2012

My Heart Aches

I don't talk about adoption a lot here... I know I've mentioned it a few times here and there over the last couple of years, but adoption is something that God has given me a heart for.

For children that will be adopted and their families who can't wait to be together with them and for the people that will support those families (weather financially or prayerfully or however).

Today my heart aches. I woke up to read the news that Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a bill into law that bans American families from adopting from Russia. I can't imagine the pain and the hurt that families are feeling, especially the families that have already met their sons and daughters and may not be able to bring them home. Sitting here typing this I am crying for them... and for those babies and children that are in those overcrowded orphanages...

I am only comforted by the fact that in all of this God will shine through. He protects the fatherless. He is over all and He will prevail. He will never leave us.

I have no more words..............



2 comments:

kbg6709 said...

I have a heart for adoption, as well. And this hurts me so much :( My mom told me yesterday about a couple I know back home that adopted a baby who's mother did meth. It was heart wrenching hearing how much this newborn has already been through... being in the hospital & going through withdrawal and everything. But it's SO amazing to hear how WELL he's doing now. He hasn't been able to go home with them, yet, but he will soon! The birth mother was pregnant with him in jail & is now back in jail after having him. I'm overjoyed that this baby is going to have a much better life than he was brought into the world with.
I can only hope that one day I'll be able to be so blessed as to wrap my arms around a beautiful baby & give it the life it was destined to have. Adoption has been on my heart since I was 16, not only for myself, but to help others in their journey of adopting & helping these children find a loving home. I have yet to find the perfect place for me to do this, but I know it will happen when & where it's supposed to.
I'm so glad to know that you share the same love for adoption as I do. <3 :)
--Kristen G

John Mark Howard said...

As I read this, I can't help but think of little Meiying. It took years for them to get through the process but what a blessing. Baby Mey had no future ahead of her, and now her future is limitless. I can not wait to see what God has planned for her. She just got baptized on Saturday. Her amazement and curiosity about God and what it means to follow him. Wow! How awesome is God to bless this family with such a precious gift. Adoption! Big fan.