Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Digs

I don't know that I’d mentioned it previously in my blog, but after two years, my now former roommate and I decided (as you could I'm sure tell by the title ‘former roommate’) to no longer be roommates. If we had tried to go three years, I am quite certain that we would no longer have been friends anymore. Anyway, I took a day off of work at the begining of October to find an apartment and signed the lease for my new place on the 12th! They offered me a half month free so I was able to move slowly. Which is the second biggest thing that happened in the last month. Here are a couple of pics from my new place:

The outside (exciting, I know!)

The bedroom (notice the lack of sheets... haha)

The living room

There's a picture of the kitchen, but I look pretty crummy in it (from moving all day!) so I cut me out of it:

The fun thing, is that these pics were sent to me from my parents who came into town for a weekend!! It was really fun to see them. In my book that was the biggest thing that had happened in October! So, I honestly don’t have any pictures of me and my parents, weird right? But, I do have a picture of the carrot cake I made for my mom! Her birthday was in September; and they were supposed to come and visit that weekend, but my mom had hurt her back, so they postponed. So, we celebrated late…

I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. =0) I used some of the techniques from a cake decorating class I took a while back (as soon as I get pics I'll show them! I promise!)
With the exception of the crashing computer, October was a pretty kickin' month!!

2 comments:

Swati said...

Hey, wishing you luck for your new house.
Do stop by at my cake blog too.

Jennie said...

Wow, your new space looks fab! Have a blast decorating it :) I'm sure you'll enjoy having your own space. Congrats!

I'm not a big carrot fan, not even if it's in the form of cake, but I must say, I wanted to eat the big frosting carrot right off the screen! ;)