Sunday, January 13, 2013

Better Every Time

Tonight I went to see the movie of Les Miserables a second time. I saw it with my parents on Christmas Day and tonight with friends. All of us had seen it prior to tonight... all of us knew what we were "getting in to".

I thought since I had seen it that it wouldn't really effect me the same way. The first time I saw it, I cried. Starting with Anne Hathaway's singing of I Dreamed a Dream and continuing throughout the movie. Same with tonight. I just find the whole movie to be such a beautiful story of grace and redemption...

Seeing the conflicting Valjean and Javert stories... Grace vs. Law...

We're reading through the Bible as a church over the next two years and right now we're in Genesis (and Psalms) but I know we're not far away from the laws of the Hebrews... the rules and specifications, the do's and don'ts... the ways you had to live.

I'm so grateful for Grace. I am so thankful for Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for the grace I am shown daily. It's hard sometimes... a lot of times... to show grace to others, I struggle with it often. But I have been so convicted daily to show the grace to others that I receive.

I fail, but grace is there... I don't ever fear of it being taken away from me. I hope you share that peace.

No comments: