Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Almond Crusted Chicken

Before I moved to Tennessee and long before I became a vegetarian, I used to cook dinner once or twice a week for my parents to 'practice' cooking meals. This was a HUGE hit! I found it in Fitness magazine (they always have such good recipes!) and served it with green beans and spanish rice. I hope you enjoy it as much as my parents did...

1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic salt
Black pepper to taste
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 oz each)
2 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sprinkle pepper all over the chicken. 
3. Combine almonds, brown sugar, and garlic salt in a bowl.
4. Dredge chicken in the almond brown sugar mixture.
5. Arrange chicken on a baking sheet. Firmly pat any remaining mixture on top of each chicken piece.
6. Bake for 18 minutes, or until thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 180. (18 minutes always worked just right in our oven)
7. Garnish with parsley if desired.

Serves 4*

Calories 254, Fat 8g, Protein 29g, Carbs 15g, Fiber 1g
 
(I wish I had a picture!)
 

MckLinky Blog Hop

No comments: