Friday, May 28, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

I learned why they tell you not to run two days in a row. I think I might have shin splints. They’re not too very bad, but if I don’t ice my shins at night they’re quite sore the next day after I run. I might just need to stretch better. Hmmm… even so I ran/walked on Tuesday and then again Wednesday and by the end of my cool down on Wednesday, my shins hurt like the dickens. What does that phrase mean? Do you think it has to do with Charles Dickens? Because I like his writing and I don’t think it’s hurtful…

Remember how I went to Memphis last year? I’m going back again this Saturday! Rachel and I are leaving tomorrow very early in the morning (4:30!!) with a stop in Jackson for breakfast. We’ll be going to the National Civil Rights Museum which is at the Lorraine Hotel where Martin Luther King Jr. died. After that we’re going to lunch with her aunt and uncle and then we’ll mosey around for the afternoon (possibly the Pink Palace?) and possibly end the day with the Sunset Symphony and KC and the Sunshine Band! You see, it’s Memphis in May and there are all kinds of fun things going on. And, after all, that’s the way, uh huh uh huh, we like it… (I had to)

I looked up 'hurts like the dickens' online, ‘dickens’ was used by Shakespeare in the Merry Wives of Windsor possibly as a euphemism for devil. Good to know. Maybe my shins don’t hurt quite that bad.

I have a new favorite blog to stalk. I’ve known about it for a little while now, RubyRed introduced me to it. It’s called From Me to You. I love her style of photography and I’ve gotten a couple of recipes from her dinner and a movie blogs that I'd like to try… Her blog makes me wish I was a professional photographer who lived in a tiny apartment in New York near an outdoor market where I could buy fresh ingredients to cook every day. *sigh* I know I don’t really want to live in New York in a tiny apartment as a professional photographer, but I would LOVE to live near a daily open outdoor market where I could buy fresh ingredients to cook everyday instead of just near a farmers market open twice a week really early.

Speaking of outdoor markets; I do love it when I can make it (usually on Friday mornings) to our Farmers Market, but I’m even MORE excited that starting next Saturday (June 5th) the town I live in is starting back up with the Main Street Saturday Market!!! I don’t know if this is new, I don’t know if it’s a reoccurring yearly thing, but they’re going to be selling fresh breads, veggies, fruits and flowers and such… I can’t wait… and I can’t wait to bring my camera with me!!

I could probably keep going, but I won’t. I’ll just say have a good weekend, faithful blog readers! Its Memorial Day weekend and I fully intend to make the most of my three day weekend… I hope you do the same =o)

No comments: