Friday, June 4, 2010

Switching a Number

On my list of 101 in 1001, number 100 is: Watch all of the LOST season’s in order after they’re all out on DVD.

I’m not doing it. I’m replacing #100!! You see, I put watching LOST on my list because I usually love JJ Abrams TV shows and movies and such; however, I can’t stand his cliff hanger season finales that make you wait 9 months to see how they turn out! I suffered through it once with ALIAS, but I just couldn’t bring myself to suffer through it again. So I chose to abstain from watching LOST. Even though several of my friends watching it regularly and I occasionally ended up sitting with a roommate or two while they caught up on episodes, I just never let myself get too caught up in it.

And now I’m glad I didn’t. I know everyone is torn as to whether the series finale was good or bad, but most people that I know (who have similar taste to me) were just annoyed by the ending. His not tying up endings and ‘leaving it like life’ so not everything has an answer. My theory is that if people wanted things to be like real life, they wouldn’t watch a TV show, they’d just go out and live. And where In the world is there a random smoke monster?

I just don’t get it. And now I never will! After a couple of weeks of hemming and hawing, I am changing #100 from watch all of the LOST season’s in order after they’re all out on DVD to something else entirely. Are you ready for the unveiling of the new 100????



*imaginary drum roll please*




100. Go to a Civil War Re-enactment



I’m oddly excited about this… Rachel’s brother does re-enactments (as a Yankee… haha!) and I’ve found out that there is one not too very far from where I live… So here’s to the Civil War re-enactors of the world… I look forward to seeing some of you in action very soon =o)

No comments: