Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sapphires & Faded Jeans

A friend of mine is working on an art project. Photos of people with lyrics that describe them… for me, she chose lyrics to Put Your Record On by Corinne Bailey Rae.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams
Just go ahead, let your hair down

I love it! And I think she’s right, although I never thought about it before… take that for what you will and how you would define the lyrics and apply them to me.

I spent last week baking and decorating cookies, and then setting up for a reception for the wedding celebration of some dear friends. It was fun, it was crazy, I was a dictator (self proclaimed) but it was lovely. All of it. From the ceremony to the fellowship afterwards. Oh, and the cookies I showed you my rough sketching for? They turned out pretty good, dontcha think?


After all was said and done, I used Sunday afternoon and evening to relax and edit some photos from last August! I was having so much fun taking photos for friends and editing them, that my own photos somehow got neglected. So, time to rectify that! I’m going to try to spend much of February editing photos of mine from last July through Christmas. It’s daunting, but I need to do it! And I need to show you photos from things crossed off The List that are somewhere mixed in between all while blogging and keeping you all up to date on my life, of course! =o)

How are you, blog friends? Are you stunned to believe that its already February? January 1st seems like yesterday, not last month…

And for those of you in Chicago… send me some photos of the real blizzard! Tennessee has nothing on you!

No comments: