Monday, June 4, 2012

A Real Vacation

Yesterday I returned to my TN home from a trip to my IL home. A trip in which pretty much only my family  knew I would be home... a week. A whole week to recharge and rest. The week before I left I had several friends and coworkers here in TN tell me "don't overschedule yourself", "try to relax", and "make sure you take time for yourself"! They know me well.

It's not uncommon for me to go home and plan my days and nights away seeing as many people as I can for lunches and dinners and coffees and in betweens; I miss friends that I haven't been able to see in years because of my own craziness and busy-ness. But this trip, I tried to not let that bother me. I tried to relax. I did relax (mostly!).

I went to my cousin's wedding in MI. I spent time with my brothers and their kids. I saw my brothers new digs. I washed and waxed my car with my dad. I went to Caribou multiple times. I went to Blicks for some new art supplies. I had Chipotle with my parents. I went to church twice at Harvest Bible Chapel. I grilled out and fellowshipped with the 5 people who aren't family that knew I was coming (but really they're like family...).

That's it. I vacationed for 9 days and that was all. I spent a couple of days doing almost nothing for a long time... I came home to TN relaxed and laughing in my head at things said and done, but mostly feeling truly rested and restored for the first time in as long as I can remember.

"He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul."
Psalm 23:2-3a

1 comment:

Andrea B said...

Yay! So glad for you.