Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Remember Martha?

Remember when I made my own laundry detergent?

I told you I'd give you an update...

Here it is.

I *HEART* IT!!! I really really think this is just the greatest stuff I've ever used in my laundry! It's scent free and dye free and my clothes get o-so-clean! I had read that vinegar was good to use as a fabric softener but because I didn't use that knowledge for a few weeks, my clothes (especially towels) got very rough. Once I started using vinegar (about 1/4 to 1/2 a cup) in the wash, everything is nice and soft!

And I promise, the vinegar doesn't make your clothes stink! And it has the added bonus of cleaning your washing machine while it works!

I'm so glad someone found the "recipe" on Yellow Brick Home and added it to Pinterest so I could make/use it! Here's the recipe and my photo again for reference:

1 cup of Borax
1 cup of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1 bar of Ivory Soap, grated (the original "recipe" calls for Fels Naptha)

No comments: