Friday, August 27, 2010

Trying for Transparency: Take II

Here goes nothing… or something… or just me putting me out there. Again.

I have a hard time following through with things. Well… not everything, but definitely things that are fitness or diet based; and often time things of my faith. It seems like these are the two biggest struggles for me and two things that seem to correlate the most in my life.

I’ve started going to a Beth Moore Bible study on Revelation this week and during the video we watched, she was talking about her dog. Her dog has a favorite ball. It’s obsessed with it. To the point, Moore says, that the dog will put its ball in the middle of its food dish and eat around it. It will then move it to its water dish and drink around it. It runs, having a hard time breathing because the ball is in its mouth… it sleeps with it…  

Her point was, that ball is like us not wanting to let go of the things we want to control in our lives. The things that, if we let go of them, God could take over. He could be in charge of them and we would be able to breathe easier. If we could just let go of them. 

For me, one of the big ones is losing weight. I need to lose weight. More than that, I want to lose weight. I want to be healthy. And more than that, God wants me to be healthy. And it seems like those little times I am really able to give up the control I want over it, God gives me this ability to lose seemingly without trying. And I’m able to breathe easier and go farther because He is in charge. And then I start to take it back again… to want to control it… and it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

I want to give this up. Completely. Totally. But it’s hard… so pray with me, blog friends. Because this is bigger than me.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You've got it. I won't say "you can do it!" ... but I will say "God can do it!"

Love you. And praying!

Anonymous said...

Our struggles are not against flesh and blood, but God is stronger! Continually cry out to Him for strength until the victory is won.

Praying for you throughout the day because I love you! M