Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Adoption: Part 1 of ?

Adoption, in its many meanings, has been on my heart a lot lately. In a way that I’m still processing. Still learning. But so big that I really want to share it with you, blog friends… So I’m going to do a series. I don’t know if it’ll be 2 posts or 10 (probably more than 2!).

Maybe someday when I think it’s done, I’ll fill in the question mark above with the number of posts, but until then this will be in parts. I’m thinking weekly. Not necessarily every Tuesday… but possibly.

I want to cover a lot. What God is showing me... I feel completely unprepared to even write about this, but I feel so prompted to talk about it that I’m going to do it! =o) as a precursor to the deeper things coming, here are some random web definitions of adopt/adoption:
-----------------------------
(from dictionary.com)

a•dopt
1. to choose or take as one's own; make one's own by selection or assent
2. to take and rear (the child of other parents) as one's own child, specifically by a formal legal act.
-----------------------------
(a google search of random wiki sites)

adopt - take into one's family

adoption - a legal proceeding that creates a parent-child relation between persons not related by blood; the adopted child is entitled to all privileges belonging to a natural child of the adoptive parents (including the right to inherit)

The act of adopting, or state of being adopted; voluntary acceptance of a child of other parents to be the same as one's own child; Admission to a more intimate relation; reception; as, the adoption of persons into hospitals or monasteries, or of one society into another; The choosing and making ...

Adoption, in Christian theology, is the term that describes the admission of a believer into the family of God.
-----------------------------
I am looking forward to this series with hope and trepidation; willing and mostly ready to see where God takes me on this journey. Are you ready to be along for the ride?

No comments: